Alright friends where do I even begin when it comes to praising the absolutely marvelous country of Portugal and specially its super friendly and polite people, I at least have not come across a better place in my life so this is a first for me, not only are their civilian population super helpful and friendly but absolutely every single of its public officials I have met, let me start with its maritime police, the day after I arrived here I was called to their office after I had rested for a few hours and the moment I entered the building the first thing I saw was how they maritime police employees treated each other, it was with wide friendly smiles on their faces with plenty of handshakes and yes with hugs, so I thought wow this is new whats with these people then they were exactly the same with me, treating me with plenty of handshakes and courtesies, very polite and cultured and I mean it people like these are I think hard to find, and you wont believe it they offered me coffee and everything and I went to a couple of meetings and after each meeting they not only shaked my hands but gave me hugs too, and was not just me they treated in this manner but each other as well, after the first calling for a meeting a gentlemen from a boat club came and asked me if I needed any help with anything he was here for me, and I have talked to another sailor in trouble and he went through the same procedure and he testified to same treatment, listen friends Portugal is not just a beautiful place and their people reflect the same beauty if not more, I love this place and its people so much that I wish they win all football World Cups coming their way, the point of what I want to get across is not just how wonderful this  place is but why cant every other police department be like these here, what i have taken with me is ow a greater idea that the Portuguese has taught me showed me that it can be done I mean its right here guys, and they were so friendly that one of the cops drove me around the first day to buy a new sim card for my phone and show me where to buy food and stuff, I mean beat that if you can, and I hope you will, because we have to spread this kind of high culture everywhere, from now you will see me wearing a shirt with the Portuguese flag on and you definitely should visit this place, if you want to come to Europe, make your first stop here, I personally could call it home here, I know one day I will come back and make it part of my home, but their police department is the ideal police department for sure, the kindness between one another greeting each other with hugs they were like family and trust me, there is no crime here, even the wiseguys are cool, anyways you should make your next trip to Portugal and their language sounds also very melodic and the prices here are also very reasonable, you will not get disappointed everything is just the way things should be :):)

Comments